Welcome on Benjamin Farcy user page.
Post doc CORIA-CNRS
Former PhD Student @ CORIA
Avenue de l'Université - BP 12
76801 Saint Etienne du Rouvray
- Code development and optimization (YALES2, SITCOMB) for Large Eddy Simulations and Direct Numerical Simulations.
- Reactive turbulent flows : multi species with reduced and detailed chemistry, tabulated formulation.
- Multi phase flows : Lagrangian solver, transport, evaporation of mono and multi component droplets.
- B. Farcy, L. Vervisch, P. Domingo (2014) Large-eddy simulation and low-order modeling of nitrogen oxide (NOx) reduction by ammonia spray, Proceedings of the 2014 Summer Program, Center for Turbulence Research, Stanford. [LINK]
- B. Farcy, A. Abou-Taouk, L. Vervisch, P. Domingo, N. Perret (2014) Two approaches of chemistry downsizing for simulating Selective Non Catalytic Reduction DeNOx Process, Fuel, 118, pp. 291-299.
Title : Analysis of Nitrous Oxides Selective Non-Catalytic Reduction (SNCR) and its application to the Large Eddy Simulation (LES) of an incinerator.
Funding : ANRT Cifre with the chemical company SOLVAY
From / To : December 2011 - December 2014
Research topics :
- Thermochemistry analysis of nitrous oxide reduction process (DeNOx).
- Optimization procedures for building DeNOx reduced chemical schemes. Collaboration with Chalmers University, Sweden.
- Development of high performances numerical tools for reactive and multiphase flows: Introduction of multi- component spray evaporation in the flow solver YALES2 (unstructured low-Mach) and SiTComB (structured fully compressible).
- Simulations of an industrial system at several operating points.
- Optimization of the industrial incinerator DeNOx process with numerical simulations.
- Development of a low order stochastic model of the incinerator for process control.